Saturday, August 16, 2008

Getting your game organized

My new favorite website is HoldemForaLiving.
I've learned some great things from this website. One is getting organzied and having a plan about how much poker I'll play. Volume is everything especially in HU SNGs. My goal is to play 72 tournaments a week. This may sound like alot and it might be but, that is my goal for now. Here's how I plan on doing this: I'll play 3 tournaments in a row and we call this a set. If I have the day off from work and I have the time, I'll play 8 sets. After playing one set, I can take a break or keep on playing depending on how I'm doing and if I need a break. Here's an example of a 8 set day:
Tuesday
Set 1: 3-0
Set 2: 2-1
Set 3: 2-1
Set 4: 1-2
Set 5: 2-1
Set 6: 1-2
Set 7: 3-0
Set 8: 2-1
Then, I would try to do the same thing for 2 more days during the week. There's this pro poker player(Trujm) who came up with this idea. He plays 5 times a week and uses this 8 set method. I think it just allows you to break down the tournaments into small goals that can be accomplished throughout the day. I'll be posting my sets so, you can see my progress. If you play HU SNGs, give it a try. You might like it. Here's how I'm doing so far today.
Set 1: 3-0
Set 2: 0-3
Set 3: 1-2
Set 4: 2-1
You can see I'm even for the day which is a slight loss on the money side because of the rake. That 0-3 set really sucked. I was playing this dude who was not very good. He sucked out and coolered me several times. He won the first 3 and we played 3 more and I won those. I was willing to keep on playing him but, he gave up after I beat him 3 times in a row. He had the nerve to say I was getting lucky. LOL. He's on my buddy list.

No comments: