Monday, August 11, 2008

Another Bad Beat Story...........F#$% You!

This is my blog and I'll post all the bad beat stories that I want to. If you don't like it then go F$#@% yourself. Just kidding. I need to vent after going through a bad stretch here. The more bad beats I get the easier the next one becomes....kind of. Or am I just numb from all the beatings that have taken place. To be totally honest, it still pisses me off. Can you tell? But, I think back a few years ago when I first started playing poker. I've come along way in handling these. One time at Band Camp, no really, one time a few years ago, I was playing a live tourney with some friends. A friend of mine sucked out on me on the river and I was so pissed off I threw my cards at her. Of course I had a few beers at the time but, my point is I would never do that today. I throw chairs now. I think the more I play the more I try to focus on the odds and statisics of how this all plays out in the long run. I know I'm a profitable player. So, I'll suffer bad beats and I'll give them out too. In the future, I see myself more capable of emotionally handling this because after I see thousands of these beats it won't seem all that bad as I see it today. When I first started playing I did not handle myself as well as I do today and a year from now I will handle myself better than I do today. It's the steps of progressing and becoming a better player. I wish I could deal with this better right now in the present but, I look to the future and I know I will be better for going through this unlucky run. I'm still way ahead money-wise for the year so, I have plenty of cushion to withstand more bad beats. But, if there are indeed poker gods.....I pray to the poker gods to have mercy on my game.

2 comments:

KajaPoker said...

beats make you stronger. at one point I just started laughing. All you can do is know that you played it right and got your money in ahead. welcome to the land of variance.

Mike said...

Variance is grand aint it? I just started playing some HU SNGs. I've had some success. I will keep you posted.