Monday, July 9, 2007

Another WSOP Hand


This pic is Miami John. I went all in a total of 6 times. Two of those were against pros "Miami" John Cernuto and Max Casal. Blinds were 200-400 ante 50. I picked up A,Q in early position and raised to 1200 total. I had 5600 chips and Max Casal had 80,000. He raised me another 5000, everyone folded around to me. He basically put me all in. I thought he could be making a play so, I took my time to think it through. If I didn't make the call, I have 4000 and change left. Then, I'm in all in mode. I felt like he didn't have a huge hand. Possibly, he has AK, AQ, AJ. Maybe a middle range pocket pair or is he just making a play because he has a huge chip stack? I saw him make a play earlier on the river. He went all in on the river with A,10 against another guy and he had no pair or draw. Also, I thought of how many people have been knocked out of a tournament with AQ. A ton of people. Finally, I think back to how many chips I would have left if I don't make the call. If I double up, I'm back above 10,000 chips. I said, "Screw it, I call." He turns over A,Q and we split the pot. I think I would rather he have a middle pocket pair so I could potentially double up. Two pros tried to knock me out and both were unsuccessful.

No comments: