Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Vegas Trip Report

Just returned this afternoon.

2 cash game sessions: MGM $-121, Imperial Palace $+145. Ridiculous donk at the MGM. I made a stupid call on the river because I was frustrated. I knew exactly what he had. I have AK on the button make a standard raise and he calls with A2s in the BB. Pot has $21 and the flop is K and 2 hearts. He bets $10 I raise to $45, he calls???? WTF? Turn is a heart. He checks, I check. River is a K and he bets $40. I go into the tank and from his horrific earlier play, I put him on the flush. But, I still call. I guess I suck. LOL. Oh well. I was just getting ready to leave too.

I played 13 tournaments. Imagine that.

Aria: this was the blogger tournament. Over 100 players, I finished 35th. Brian finished 16th. Brian ran into some bad luck just before the final table. He got all his chips in with AA vs 99. If he won the hand, he would have a monstrous chip stack. I think you know the result of this one. He collected a few bounties and won his entry fee back. I had a big chip stack early from several average sized pots. Then, I ran into flopped quads vs my top pair A kicker and that took more than half my stack. I played the short stack for about 2-3 hours and never could get a decent stack before getting knocked out with AQ vs AK.

Caesar's Palace: played 2 of these. typical donk suckouts....end of story.

Oshea's: 10 tournaments. They gave me a free t-shirt. I think because I played so many tournaments there. I had 3 cashes. 1st, 2nd, and a 4 way chop. 2 of these tournaments there was only 5 players. The crowds were hit and miss. Definitely not as many as the summer crowds. Typical Osheas players....awful. I had some really bad beats at the wrong time. Otherwise, I would have more cashes. One crucial hand at the final table: I have about 8BBs at the time and you know the structure at Osheas. If I win this hand, I triple up and I'm a huge chip leader with 8 players left. Yes, I'm not kidding. Huge chip leader with 25BBs. LOL. UTG shoves with JJ, MP shoves with AK, and I'm in BB with KK....duh....call. Flop...AJ4....Fuck! Turn....Q. River.....T. Phew. At least I chopped the pot with the AK player. Can I have one of those crucial hands hold up? Jeez.

The last tournament I played was the 4 way chop for $210. I tried to get the table to chop at 6 people but, the chip leader, a young German dude said, "No Way." He said, in a thick German accent, "What you need to be somewhere?" I said, "No, i'm just trying to make everyone some money." Everyone agreed to chop except him so, now everyones gunning to knock out the German. Down to 5 players and young German meister is short, UTG and shoves with A4s. The big stack snap calls him with 44 and the German goes down. Everyone was quite happy to see him eliminated. Victory is sweet when an asshole gets knocked out. Overall at Osheas I was up a whopping $40.
Overall trip $-216.

It was a good trip and looking forward to see Scott play in the WSOP in July

No comments: