Sunday, January 16, 2011

Poker Book

Mike Matusow: Check-Raising the Devil
This was a really great read. You won't find much strategy here but, it's very entertaining. I had no idea Matusow went through so much. He's lead a very colorful life from a poor upbringing, drugs, jail, dealing poker, high stakes poker, and a champion many times over. I remember seeing him for the first time on a WSOP episode. It was the year Raymer won. I thought Matusow was such an asshole and I remember saying, It's like he's on drugs or something. Well, he was. He suffers from depression and other things. Basically, he self medicated himself before seeking professional help. I won't go into any more detail because I don't want to ruin a good read. Check this one out and you won't be displeased. Mike Matusow: Check-Raising the Devil

No comments: